Ace asks a really good question:
- I know the media doesn’t ask Obvious Questions but can the we see the Office of WH Council’s memorandum that this [shutdown theater] is legally required?
- If not, why not? No administration has believed it was legally required to boot people out of their leased homes before.
- May citizens actually view the work-product that we paid for? That lawyers in the government claim this is now necessary?
- I doubt such a memo exists at all. But if it does, I’d like to see how they came to the opposite conclusions of every other president.
- Where is the legal opinion claiming they suddenly are 1) legally required to do this and 2) have the legal power to do this?