(Stop me if you’ve heard this one before. . .) The latest Obama cabinet appointment with unpaid tax is HHS nominee Kathleen Sebelius:
Health and Human Services nominee Kathleen Sebelius recently corrected three years of tax returns and paid more than $7,000 in back taxes after finding “unintentional errors” _ the latest tax troubles for an Obama administration nominee. The Kansas governor explained the changes to senators in a letter dated Tuesday that the administration released. She said they involved charitable contributions, the sale of a home and business expenses.
Here’s the updated scorecard:
- Geithner, Treasury Secretary (confirmed)
- Daschle, HHS Secretary (withdrawn)
- Killefer, “Chief Performance Officer” (withdrawn)
- Solis, Labor Secretary (confirmed)
- Emanuel, Chief of Staff (no confirmation required)
- Kirk, US Trade Representative (confirmed)
- Sebelius, HHS Secretary (nominated)
Sebelius’s last trip into the national limelight was when when she politicized a tornado disaster by blaming the Iraq War for missing equipment. The charge ultimately proved to be entirely without merit, which was obvious from the outset to anyone who knew how the military was managing equipment in Iraq.