The plan, announced by Secretary of State Rice, includes several Israeli concessions:
- removing 50 travel barriers in and around Jenin, Tulkarem, Qalqiliya and Ramallah,
- dismantling of one permanent roadblock,
- deploying 700 Jordanian-trained Palestinian police in Jenin and allowing them to take delivery of armored vehicles,
- raising the the number of Palestinian businessmen allowed into Israel to 1,500 from 1,000,
- increasing the number of work permits for Palestinian laborers by 5,000 from its current number of 18,500,
- building new housing for Palestinians in 25 villages,
- connecting Palestinian villages to the Israeli power grid, and
- Israeli support for large-scale economic development programs and encouragement of foreign investment.
In return, the Palestinians promised an immediate cessation of rocket attacks and suicide bombings.
Okay, I made that last one up.